Wednesday, July 16, 2008

PIXEL Resurfacing Laser




This is DEFINITELY one of my favorite laser treatments when it comes to patients who want to smoothen the skin, to lessen wrinkles, fine lines, large pores, uneven pigmentation, sun damage.. and especially acne scars.

Its a new treatment using a 2940nm Erbium YAG laser to resurface the superficial layer of the skin. The Pixel technology produces less epidermal ablation and less thermal damage thus promoting rapid healing. The advantage of this machine is that it gives very good visible results after each session with only a minimal downtime of 3 days on the everage because of the "pixel" technology.

Sessions take around 20 minutes and this may be used on the face, neck, chest, arms, and hands... and I usually do this to patients every 3 to 4 weeks for 3 to 4 sessions depending on the area and condition to be treated. If you want to know more about this procedure, you can search or Google it.. or just call the clinic.


Dr. Stephen Lacson


PIXEL FEATURE (VIDEO)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

how is the treatment for pixel resurfacing laser?
where is your location?


Diane

Dr. Stephen Lacson said...

Its a fractional laser to resuface the skin at a desired depth with faster healing so there is only a little downtime which is around 3 to 4 days in most patients. Clinic is in Makati Medical Center (Philippines)

MAGGIE said...

hello. I've read about this type of skin treatment from another blogger and she said that it took her 6 days to heal. I was just wondering how much it cost to have this kind of treatment (maybe a price range if there's no exact price). And is there a certain skin condition that is required for someone to undergo this kind of procedure? I don't really have severe acne scars but I want to even out my skin tone, minimize my pores and eliminate blemishes on my skin. Thanks.

Unknown said...

i read that you accept health cards like intellicare. does it cover also the procedures and treatments that needs to be done? or health card only covers consultation fee? thanks for ur answer

Dr. Stephen Lacson said...

Anna, sorry for the very late reply... treatment for the face is around P7000 while full face and neck is around P12500. There's a christmas promo now till the end of january. I think its around 20% off.
The Pixel can be used for acne scars, wrinkles, large pores, skin tone.. or with milder settings, can be used for simple rejuvenation of the skin.

Dr. Stephen Lacson said...

rainy31, yes i do have intellicare but they don't cover cosmetic procedures.. they will cover the consultation fee though.

JohnnyR said...

Hi Doc Stephen, I would like to ask if you also do Pixel on leg scars and if you do, how much would they cost? I had them for years and they are dark, a bit deep and scattered on most parts of my legs. I have tried chemical peels but none of them worked.

Dr. Stephen Lacson said...

PIxel can also be done on the legs. The price will depend on size of the area.

Faizan Shaikh said...

Booty Facials I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.